The Buildings and Exhibits We Maintain

Donate Now!



This is the old town hall building and has since been converted into our museum building! Our wonderful exhibits are all housed inside and we do our very best to preserve the history of our beloved Guilford for everyone to enjoy! 

For more information read below. 

Meeting House

This meeting house was built in 1837 and is now under repair and maintained by the Historical Society.  For more information read below. 

Brick School House

This one-room schoolhouse originally was built in 1837! The history of these one-room schoolhouses is incredible! Read more below.  

One Room Schoolhouse

The one-room schoolhouse served the community of Guilford Center for more than 150 years.  Eventually, there were 14 school districts in the town, each with its own schoolhouse.  Many are still standing, although most are in private hands.  More information is available at the Museum.


The school is open by appointment and on special occasions.  In 2012 scenes for a feature-length film, Northern Borders was filmed there by Jay Craven,  professional filmmaker, and his film students from Marlboro College.

Guilford Historical Society Museum

Which was previously the old town hall building

The Museum is open June through October, Saturdays 9:00am - 12pm, or year round by appointment.  The museum is located at 4063 Guilford Center Road, Guilford, VT 05301. The school house is open by appointment or at special events. Please note there may be special hours or closures due to staffing availability. 

There is no charge for admission, but donations are welcome.

 To Donate Press Here

The museum houses exhibits related to the town of Guilford, and life as lived in Vermont in the past. Exhibits include pre colonial times, the days it was first settled, extensive maps, war times, businesses, farming, sugaring, pastimes, vintage apparel, up to recent events. There is a collection of books, documents, and many photographs available for the public to research their interests of the past in Guilford.


The Board of Trustees are in the process of extensively updating and computerizing the museum's inventory and record keeping. Help is always welcome with these and other projects.  See the Volunteers page for more details.

Meeting House

Formerly the building was the home of the Universalist congregation in Guilford, but in 1977 it was given to the Guilford Historical Society.  Located on Guilford Center Road, it is across the road from the former Town Hall, now housing the Museum of the Guilford Historical Society.

Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the building was constructed in 1837, using some of the materials from the original Old White Meeting House built on a hill above the present location.  Although it has been modernized to the extent of electricity and a heating system, otherwise it remains much as it was when it was built. A history of the building in brochure form can be obtained at the Museum. The Meeting House is currently closed due to repairs and can safely open to the public when repairs are completed.

 The Meeting House normally can be rented for weddings, concerts, and other appropriate events for a nominal fee, at the time it is fully repaired.

 Contact us for more information.

You can donate securely to the Guilford Historical Society by clicking the Donate button below.


Donate Now!